Share[easy-share buttons="twitter,facebook,linkedin" counters=0 hide_names="yes" native="no"]
It’s 2020, and we’re now being faced with the inescapable fact that we are, well, incredibly germy. Our hands, the air, door knobs, money— germs are everywhere— and of course we’ve been doing our part to keep ourselves clean the best we can. But one item we consistently neglect when it comes to cleaning and sanitizing is our phone, and it’s time for that to change.
Seriously, your phone is a wonderland for viruses and bacteria. According to TIME, your phone could be carrying 10x more bacteria than your toilet seat. And, in light of new retail tech enhancements designed to keep us safe, like virtual shopping and contactless checkout, we need our phones now more than ever. So, what can we do about it?
Glad you asked. ChargeItSpot has an elegant solution that is coming to a business near you!
Now, select ChargeItSpot units will feature upgraded lockers with germicidal Ultraviolet light (UV-C, to be specific), enabling you to charge and sanitize your phone at the same time, free of charge. UV-C light works by destroying nucleic acids and breaking apart bacterial and viral DNA, halting organismal reproduction and causing the germs to die. Score!
UV-C light has been proven to inactivate or kill up to 99.9% of viruses and bacteria, including SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19), and ChargeItSpot’s solution is designed to effectively cover all six sides of your phone with germicidal light. All you have to do is plug in and lock up for the recommended 15 minutes, and boom, your phone is up to 99.9% germ-free, charged up, and ready to go.
And, a UV-C cycle even runs in between locker uses to ensure that the locker is completely sanitized before the next use. Talk about thorough!
Look for ChargeItSpot’s new UV-C-enabled lockers at a retail store near you:
- Under Armour – 2575 Annapolis Mall Rd Annapolis, MD 21401
- Marshalls – 620 6th Ave, New York, NY 10011
- Bloomingdales – 1000 3rd Avenue New York City, NY
- Marshalls – 1701 N Victory Pl, Burbank, CA 91504
- Marshalls – 4377 Mills Cir, Ontario, CA 91764
- Marshalls – 4472 Camino De La Plaza, San Ysidro, CA 92173
- T.J.Maxx – 600 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611
- T.J.Maxx – 20505 S. Dixie Highway Miami, FL 33189
- T.J.Maxx – 620 6th Ave, New York, NY 10011
- Under Armour – 8687 N Central Expy Space E1-730, Dallas, TX 75225
- Under Armour – 20 City Blvd W Suite 1500, Orange, CA 92868
- Under Armour – 152 The Arches Cir Suite 425, Deer Park, NY 11729
- Under Armour – 3195 Outlet Drive, Edinburgh, IN 46124
ChargeItSpot has worked to make the shopper experience the healthiest and safest it can be. Let’s start by getting our phones cleaner than our toilets.
So stop by a ChargeItSpot kiosk and take UV-C for a spin. And, while you’re at it, download the ChargeItSpot app on the App Store or Google Play. It notifies you when your battery is low and shows you ChargeItSpot kiosks in your area!
Even if your phone doesn’t need a charge, that grubby little thing probably (definitely) needs a bath.
CLICK HERE to learn more about UV-C at ChargeItSpot.